Nov 30, 2007

Trillanes And His Misadventures

I was so engrossed with CNN’s Republican Debate yesterday when I missed the start of a national “situation” happening right before my backyard. I felt anger and frustrations as I saw Trillanes marching through the streets of Makati. I asked myself, “What now this time?”

This country had seen so much of these “recurrent situations” since the beginning of the millenium that a penniless citizen like me gets the hardest blow each time the opposition suddenly decides to oust a sitting president or a military adveturist like Trillanes loses his patience. It was good that the investors never took seriously the recent adventures of Trillanes and the peso even emerged stronger when the trading closed yesterday.

MESSIANIC COMPLEX + SPOILED BRAT = TRILLANES

He was like a spoiled brat who cries and whimpers each time his demands are not met. His utter disregard to respect the rule of law betrays the 11 million voters that gave him a mandate to occupy a public office. Whatever happened to the man who months ago took an oath to uphold the rule of law and protect and defend the Constitution? Does the oath gave him the power or right to barged into someone’s hotel and act as if he owned it each time he lost grip of his patience? How can a soldier like him be overwhelmed by his emotions and endanger the national economy? How can a man of uniform like him whose sworn duty is to protect the national security threaten it?

Trillanes may have a legitimate grievance towards the present administration but his messianic complex is unconsciously making him the very person he hated. His paranoia to save this country from poverty, injustice, corruption and God-knows-what has constantly dragged this country’s economy downwards because of the inappropriate means he employed. Senator, not all problems can be solved by using some muscles or brandishing some firearms. Don’t you get it? We want some reforms but your proposal is just not acceptable.

When Trillanes took his oath, I told my friend I am giving Trillanes 6 years to prove me wrong for not voting for him. So far, this Trillanes is proving me right.

I hope the next time Trillanes venture into adventures he will not drag this country down with him. Oh, spare us.

No comments: