Nov 14, 2007

Living A Life

Over-sized shirt, loose jammies, crumpled hair, chaotic bed, hot-steaming coffee, barefoot, cold wind from the bay and a rising sun! I love it in the morning!

It is during these times when I never for a moment missed my fast-paced life in the city. In the city where every second counts, watching the rising sun is an annual event or an unhurried sip of coffee costs a price enough to feed a family of 5.

Anyway, it’s Ben’s birthday today. Our friendship dates back from the Jurassic Era, survived the New Millenium and hopefully would witness the next Armageddon or perhaps the Second Coming. Bwahahahaha!!!

He is one of the very few persons coming from the “male species” whom I find very intelligent and smart. He is an honest critique, very generous with appreciations and a good motivator.

When he relocated to Manila a couple of years ago, I lost the physical presence of a friend who would pick me up and bring me home intact after a prolonged drinking sessions. After he left, nobody knocks on my door in the middle of the night with a bottle of tequila and a bag full of junk foods, wearing a silly grin suggesting a heartbreak or a turbulent break up. In his absence, I miss the tequila sessions, the 5am lawn tennis single matches (hahahaha! forget it!)and the unending debates and discussions (although most of the time we were on the same side).

I never believed he was serious when he told me he would relocate. Manila was such an ugly place it's not even fit for humans to live in. I'm still hoping his madness will end and he will head back to Cebu and live a normal life again.

Ben, Cebu is waiting for your homecoming with wide open arms. You are even welcome to share my chaotic bed, although, 3 is a crowd. Hahahahaha!!! Happy Birthday, Buddy! There is nothing in the world I'd wish for you but a peaceful mind and a still heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I second the motion. I guess its nice to stay in Cebu than in Manila. Pauli na oi... palitan ta ka balay.... hahahahahahahahahahahaha