Nov 23, 2007

Gluttons And Politics

Nothing significant happened today, that is, so far. Except for an email sent to me through our YahooGroup by a classmate way back from elementary. In her email she asked,
"Did you run? Do you have plans of running for office? I think you should, I know you'll do a good job...or you can't just stomach politics' dirty ways.."

I laughed while reading her letter. While I qualify to run for public office, having met the requirements of age and registration (the only requirements, would you believe?), I lack the talent to kiss somebody's ass. Politics, Filipino-style,is about kissing asses. One endangers himself by becoming an "outcast" if he insist on doing the right thing. Its either you are for them or you are against them. Remember, no man is an island. If you don't kiss somebody's ass then you kiss your own ass if you ever want to occupy a public office.

In a country where most of the political leaders lack the moral ascendancy to govern (I'm not meaning GMA - I am her avid supporter), I told her, I'll never dip my fingers in politics. I will leave the gluttons to their sorry selves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was active in politics while in college (student body prez and such). However, I have too many skeletons that need to stay in my closet to run nowadays (smile)

peace, Villager