Aug 22, 2007

Road Trip


Lately, the conversations I had with my friends were all about love, err, majority of it. I don’t claim to be a veteran when it comes to love but neither am I an amateur. I believe nobody becomes an expert when it comes to the affairs of the heart no matter how many times one’s heart has been broken or has mended. Everybody remains an amateur never an expert, hence, all is fair in love.

A long-time friend once asked me why I don’t write about my lovelife in my blogs. Actually, there really is nothing to write about, plus, I have trouble wearing my heart out of my sleeves. It feels comfortable to be privy when it comes to the matters of the heart. Emotions is such a complicated word I prefer to do a “spell-check” each time I’m at it. The lesser the mistake the better.

Right now, I am stuck in front of the monitor unable to expound the topic I started. Another way of saying, " I refuse to talk about my heart" Hahahaha!!! I just finished packing my backback for a road trip that would start with a plane bound for Manila. This road trip has been planned long before with a friend whose level of enthusiasm about life and living is the same as mine. Life is too precious to be spending it in stillness and without motion.

At dawn, hours from now, another story will begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi yam!

finally now is my chance to type what i always wanted to tell you...three things...1) thank you for giving me the courage and eventually get me into this thing called blog 2) the first time you lead me into reading your page i was very impressed by your writing ...the choice of topic you have written about and the way you put your ideas together,3) do write more ... sometimes life can be funny how when we are near each other we do not see enough of the person and when both of you are far you discover more of her potentials ...keep it up my friend ...

Anonymous said...

I travel often too and your picture of Socorro island caught my eye when I was browsing through blogspot. I miss the place. Actually I love it so much that it became a major source of the articles I wrote in the past for our company's online lifestyle magazine.Your weblog reminded me of a lot of things i've missed about the island;A lot of priceless memories. thanks.