Sep 30, 2007

Little Hometown Blues

I overslept. For the first time in 300 years I slept until past 10am.

The past weeks there have been talks about supernatural beings roaming around our little sleepy town. When I went to Vengie's place and had one drink too many, she convinced me to sleep over after telling me about Ata. Ata are supernatural beings with missions to collect at least 50 human hearts. According to talks, there are least 3 victims already in different parts of our town. All dead, of course! All unverified, of course!

Recently, a neighbor claimed to have seen a syokoy (merman). She claimed to have seen the creature 2 times already. According to her the syokoy was full of scales from head to toe and has the body of the man but with the head of a fish. Fine!

Also just recently, the dogs around the neighborhood seemed to have gathered for their annual conference and howled together like the devil has barged in uninvited to their meeting. They howled for what seemed like an eternity and then followed by the sound a woman weeping sorrowfully as if somebody so dear left her. The incident became the talk of the neighborhood the following morning.

That very same morning someone claimed to have seen a dog-man. Whether the man looked like a dog or vice versa I didn't inquire anymore. The talks have gone too far already I would have wanted to bite anybody who comes in my way.

Going back to why I overslept. We did have a videoke session. My brother, my cousins and I attacked the microphone without mercy to the silent indignation of our neighbors. At least it was us who howled and not the dogs. Bwahahaha! Purposely, we wanted to sleep late hoping we could see some supernatural beings or happenings. Imagine if we can get an exclusive footage out of it! Bah!

Interestingly, our little hometown was rocked by earthquakes successively this week. The tv reported at least 3 quakes of different magnitude in one week but I think there were more than 3. Whether the talks about supernatural beings and the earthquakes are related, I don't want to guess.

Before we ended our videoke session, someone shouted as he passed by our house. "Melody yabag!" Translation: Melody out of tune!

No comments: