Jun 13, 2007

The Ball Is In My Court




Days of watching the recently concluded French Open was spectacular. It sent me falling out of my seat many times while screaming inaudible expletives and/or praises constantly irritating my housemates. Never mind. They’ll never understand. The only person who understood my wild jubilations and/or frustrations was five million miles away- a tennis aficionado like myself.

So, while we watched the French Open from different places, it felt like we watched on the same television and was sitting on the same sofa. Thanks to the inventor of cellphone! I thought I could hear us screamed together and clapped together while cheering for Justine and Fed. Text messages were sent immediately as soon as breaks or commercials were called. Opinion exchanges automatically sets in when the players were on their seats. Hahahaha!!! Thanks to the inventor of cellphone. Although it felt awkward to be enjoying alone with something I am passionate about, it felt better to be connected with someone with the same interest as mine even if distance gets in the way.

Two beautiful things happened during the French Open. Justine, the Queen of Clay, won again. And, someone guaranteed me a front seat ticket to the next Australian Open! Guys, my eyes rolled unceasingly! I was stunned for a moment and thought of banging my head on the wall to see if I was dreaming. I was lucky my brain warned me on time otherwise I’ll be attending the Australian Open with a patch on my head because of a cracked skull. Hehehehe!!!

So, guys! If you happen to watch the next Australian Open, look for me. I’ll be sitting in the front seat. Bwahahahaha!!!

Sarap mabuhay, noh?

And, hey! The Wimbledon is on.












No comments: