Sep 26, 2007

The Country Mouse Went To The Big City: Again

I was early the next day for my 8:30am flight. I was surprised to see that there was a 6:30am plane bound for Manila. I specificallly requested that I wanted the flight after 5am the following day. When I told the attendant that I want to be on the 6:30am flight he told me to go back to the check in counter. I almost lost my patience when the lady behind the check in counter told me that they will have to charge me with additional fee if I insist on boarding the 6:30am flight. My foreign tongue was put into action after all when I told her I wanted to talk to her supervisor. I didn't make a lengthy speech. I just told the supervisor that it's their fault why I am still in Cebu. If their airline was on time per their advertisements I would have been in La Salle this very moment cheering for a dear friend. He pacified me by issuing me a boarding pass! Bwahahahaha!

Shortly after I turned my back on the check in counter, the speaker somewhere made an announcement: "Paging passenger I*m*e T*n*o Cebu Pacific Flight 5J560 is now ready to depart from Cebu to Manila please..." I couldn't make out the words anymore. The mere mention of my name sent me half flying and running towards the plane. Two attendants clapped their hands as I boarded. I was panting, running out of breath and feeling silly as I fastened by seatbelt.

The flight was uneventful except that they don't serve coffee or tea unless you pay 50 bucks! I felt my empty stomach and swore I'll never fly Cebu Pacific again... if I can help it.

From the Domestic Airport, I boarded a jeepney for Baclaran. I remember there was a train station somewhere in Baclaran. I don't want to board a taxi because taxi drivers in Manila are worse than leeches. That deserves another blog.

I believe the train station just opened when I lined up to buy a ticket. I was to stop at Vito Cruz Station about 4-5 stations away from Baclaran. And so it goes that my fatigue-ridden body gave in to the calls of slumber that when I woke up the train was already leaving Central Station. Never really knowing where I was and without any maps inside the train, I reached the other end of the rail, about 13 stations away from Vito Cruz!


lrt map



Vito Cruz Station: where I should have unboarded.


My early morning joyride from Baclaran to Monumento was so irritating that I again wondered how my day will end.

No comments: