Apr 24, 2008

Boracay Island - Paradise Indeed! (The Forgotten Adventure)


I woke up the following morning (my birthday) hoping to get a glimpse of Boracay's sunrise. The sunrise, though, is best viewed at the other side of the island and all I saw were the rays of the rising sun.

It was still dark and I was so excited to take pictures of a sleeping Bora when I noticed a man who has been following me for some distance already. As instinct would have it, I walked slowly sideward so that he could overtake me and I could watch him from a distance. He was almost 5 meters ahead of me when he stopped and smiled at me sweetly. I smiled backed innocently and pretended to put back my camera to its case.

We walked as we talked about the sunrise, the weather and other useless, insignificant forgotten things including the white sands of Bora as if its the first time we've noticed that Bora has powdery white sands! Haller?!

His name is Mark while I am always Christine to strangers. Guys, don't give him credit just because I remembered his name. Its just that his name is the same as that of one of my favorite brothers. I have 3 favorite brothers, you know. Anyway, he is a cutie. No, not him. My brother Mark is a cutie. Hehehehehe!

He must have been upset when my phone couldn't stop ringing but he didn't show it. He waited until I finished taking all my calls from both here and overseas. I supposed they placed a wager on who can call me first. My mama beat them all!

As we started our walk he asked for my number and I gave him the first 10 numbers that came to my mind. A fake name and a non-existing phone number! Sounds fun!

We ended our morning walk with him asking me if he can wait by my resort's gate the following morning so that we can have another sunrise viewing galore. I said, "Yeah, sure. Fine."

N.B. On the morning of my 32nd birthday a prophecy involving the Charmed Ones happened. Many centuries ago it was prophesied that the Charmed Ones will each get involved with 3 different creatures with the same name. While Ionnie is set marry her whitelighter on May 17, 2008 named Mark, Kit's ex-bf who came from the royalty of demons was also known as Mark. Well, I just told you about the human being named Mark I met in Boracay.

Blessed Be.

No comments: