Apr 28, 2008

Boracay Island - Paradise Indeed! (The Last Chronicles)

Island-hopping lasted almost a day and so we proceeded to our next agenda: to down a bottle of tequila. It was not a difficult task. Everyone started to feel tipsy after a few gulps that we even forgot to do the body-shots! Ahem!

I was between tipsy and drunk as I ran zigzagly towars to shore to wave lovingly to to the sitting sun. I laid back at the sand and slept feeling the rays kissing me my cheeks as I went into slumber. This is paradise because nobody gives a damn.

It was already dark when I woke up and I was horrified when I realized I was sleeping in the sand. The people were walking to and fro and I was comforted with the thought that nobody noticed me.

I stood up shakily when the phone in my pocket vibrated. It was a call from someone who never missed my birthday. The highlight of the call would always be the singing a birthday song from start to finish. She's been doing it since she was still in the Philippines. And she's still been doing it even after she relocated abroad.

This year, however, was different. After she sung my birthday song, she handed the phone to her husband and her husband sung it so seriously from start to finish that it knocked the air out of my lungs! It sent me gasping for breath after I went screaming with glee in the middle of the Boracay island. The best part of it is: nobody gave a damn.

Thank you Genalyn and Vito. The best suprised did came out last. Till next song.....






No comments: