Aug 6, 2007

The Adventure Island

I boarded a boat that would take me to the Philippines’ surfing capital. Sometimes, I’d catch myself smiling contentedly alone at the thought that finally, anytime soon, I will be in one of my dream destination. The boat is pretty large for an ordinary pump boat. I heard the trip will take about 3 hours and the waves will be playful since a typhoon is coming. But who cares? I don't.




The bus trip I made earlier was uneventful. It was the usual picturesque of rice paddies, highways, downtowns and flea markets. I am beginning to convince myself that each place is as identical as the other, whereever and whatever the place is. After I finished what I have came for, I immediately run, literally run towards the pier to catch the only trip going to the country's surfing capital. I bought my ticket, boarded and forgot that a human being needs to eat lunch every noon time.


I was sitted at the center of the boat congratulating myself for deciding to get on board. This trip was never part of my itinerary. No single soul in the world knows where I am going. A long time friend will meet me as soon as this boat docks in the island-destination but she doesn't know I accepted her invitation to follow her. As I sat on the boat taking mental note of my surroundings, smiling at myself and heard my stomach grumbles all at the same time, I saw something that promised that my trip will be one hell of an adventure!












To be honest and quite frankly, I am through that stage where I insist that I have the right to question every person's intentions. Rigth or wrong, I have come to terms with the fact that a person's life is his own. That I will always be an audience of my surroundings and I have no right whatsoever to judge a man's person. Right now, I am more amused at how a person deals with his life and I am nothing but an expectator.


To be continued....

No comments: