May 21, 2008

The Note


I found a hallmark card tucked into my door after I spent a boring, uneventful day yesterday. The cards says:

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields...
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

- A TRADITIONAL IRISH BLESSING

At the back of the card was a note:

Dear Ate Iamie,

Our little talks inspire me to persevere.
Thank you. Keep on inspiring others.
Be strong in faith. Fortes in Fide.

Always,
Hannah


Hannah is a neighbor of two weeks. The note reminded me of a resolve I made a long time ago: They can take everything I own. Friends may desert me and become my enemies. Family may disown me. I Just Want To Keep The Faith.

Fortes in Fide... yeah... Be Strong In Faith.

No comments: