Nov 5, 2007

5 Top Personal Destinations

I awoke to the pounding rain insisting entrance into my room. The November chill is nothing new in this part of the world. I was disoriented for a moment thinking I was somewhere else when my eyes rested on my backpack lying on the floor beckoning me to pick it up. I am leaving home again…

I turned and covered myself with sheets and watched my jalousies guarding my privacy against the intimidating conspiracy of the rain and wind. ‘Tis not a good time to leave…

The mind does wander when the body is in bed and fully awake. While the rain and the wind battled against my glass windows, my mind was all over the world that when it came back to my room it made a decision that didn’t gave me a chance to disagree. I have to be in the following places in the next five years or less:

Kota Kinabalu

As early as my last birthday, I already decided I will celebrate my next birthday in Kota Kinabalu. This place was often mentioned by my mountaineer-friends as the next destination after Mt. Apo of Davao. Not so much about the climb in Mt. Kinabalu, I am also interested at their famous dive sites. After spending time underwater in Mactan Channel, Malaspascua, Moalboal, Bantayan and Apo Island in Dumaguete, I just cannot take my mind off Kota Kinabalo.

Camino de Santiago de Compostela

We were traveling along Maharlika Highway [the highway that connects Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao] sometime last August when Camino de Santiago de Compostela was mentioned. Years of being a Paulo Coehlo reader, both me and my travelmate often discuss about his books and what made him write those books. On the bus, we agreed that we will do the Camino walk (like Paulo Coehlo) and be great writers afterwards. Like Paulo.

Angkor Wat and The Ruins of Petra



Well, I have this thing about history and antiquity.






St. Peter’s Square, Rome and Lourdes, France




I need to be there. The reason is purely personal.







Machu Picchu



Che went to Machu Picchu and met the Incas. That is reason enough for me to go there, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm also a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog, if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
A Warrior of Light knows that he has much to be grateful for.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)


See u there and have a great day!
Aart

The Bohemian Backpacker said...

hello, aart hilal! thank you for dropping by my blogsite. I am a regular visitor of Warrior of the Light and paulocoelhoblog. They're such a rich source of enlightenment and inspiration I can't help but feel fortunate each time I'm there.

Yeah, see u there!

maroe said...

kuyog ko nimo yams!!! dont forget to dive or snorkel in pamilakan, its the best marine sanctuary i've been... as in wla'y makalupig!!! too bad, u coulnt make it in siquijor... wla nalang sad ko ni dayon... can witches have journeys too... more often than the blue moon?

The Bohemian Backpacker said...

Yonks! It's so nice of you to drop by! Of course witches can have journeys, too. In fact we can have it more often that the blue moon!

Why don't we "orb" to Kota Kinabalo for a start. Let's bring the little "charmed one" and do a "strategic planning" on how to save the world from dark forces! Hahahaha! Mark can be our "whitelighter", too!

Hurrah! Charmed Ones Reunion in Kota!

Anonymous said...

Dear Bohemian Backpacker,

Paulo Coelho got wind of your blog through aart hilal and wants to post this article on his blog.
Paulo Coelho's blog
In case you have any restrictions, do not hesitate to write me on my email : valentinawol@gmail.com
Have a wonderful day!
And here's a quote to ponder:
A warrior of the Light does not rely on strength alone; he makes use of his opponent's energy, too.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)
Paulo Coelho

Valentina