Jul 23, 2007

The Charmed Ones

Three days ago I received an LBC package from my Brusha. It contained a book and dvd copies of one of my favorite tv series. Such thoughtful gesture.

I met her on the wedding of one of my closest friend. While I was asked to say a “little something” for the newlyweds, Bru was a gate crasher who tagged along with Bruviv another close friend of the bride. I’m sure she’ll put up a fight over my declaration that she gate crashed. Bring it on, Bru.

We became fast friends shortly after the wedding. There were so many things we shared in common that our chemistry was overwhelming. The magnitude and intensity of our “tupak” was unbelievably identical that we blame it on us sharing the same birth date. We have so much fun together and most of them were spent in front of coffees, beers and capris.

She was the first person to make me laugh when I got my first major blow of the year last April. I don’t want to go into details how she did it but it was enough to make me finished my dinner and looked at the brighter side. She beat all those family and friends who rushed to my side the moment I got the blow. If rushing to my side was a race, she was a major front-runner. That night, the magic words she said worked wonders.

“Bru, don’t be sad. I’m still proud of you. Always will be.”

And here she is again. Sensing my boredom, she sent me a book that made me laughed all the way. No, not by its content, it was a serious stuff, but by the sarcastic (?) comments she made on some of the author's theories. Inside the book was written :



Bru,

Read this you won't regret it. It's actually entertaining at the same time enlightening. Enjoy.

- S.


The dvd's were a charmer, too. It occuppied so much of my time everyday
since I got it. I saw it even in my sleep. Hahaha! The note accompanying it
was awesome.

Bru!

Here are your copies of CHARMED Seasons 1 and 2. The others will
follow. Maybe next year. I don't know.
Enjoy!

Blessed be.

-S.

P.S. Take care. I missed our jocular conversations over coffee much more the ones we have over beer and capri.

Return the book please. Coz after you read it, I'll be throtting someone else to read it. Si Mildred the friend I was with on our brief encounter sa SM. And thwart a co-teacher to read it too.

I am too cheap and too broke to buy you girls your own copy.

You'll all thank me.

- S.


If there is one thing I love most about life, it is the fact that I am surrounded with family and friends whose genuine love and concern is enough to make me love life itself. They are my gems. They are my precious find. And here is a picture of one of them. At the back of the picture was written :



Bru,

This smile will drive away your depression. You'll think that you're better off than this bitch. Hehehe!

- Bruha





Yeah, right. Laughed I did. She once called me "disturbed" and now she suspects I am depressed. Thank you very much. How can I be? There is not much reason for me to experience any "tropical depression". The weather is just fine.

Anyway, Bru, I know you will blow your top if you will see your silly grin published here on the net. Sorry but I can't help it. I just want you to know that I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF YOU, TOO. ALWAYS WILL BE.

Blessed be.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bru had I known you'd publish my picture I'd have sent the best one. Its "throttle" by the way. And now I'll throttle you when I see you come March. Everyone who reads your blog will know that I'm a bully as well as cheap! Thanks! You could have excluded those details. And you just have to include the picture! Mystery is good for the soul you know! You're ruining my repu! I'll be very cautious with anything I send you from now on. I already told you that I'll forgive you before I read your blog, is it humanly possible to retract forgiveness?

Anonymous said...

Okey Bru I got over it. Thats the initial reaction. Its okey. Because, the world now knows the face that saved a lot of pathetic lives. Heck! I'm as Charmed as you. So dont argue, you're not in the position to. YOU'RE WELCOME BRU. And uncountable THANKS for you're friendship too. Seriously. Sometimes i regret that we're friends but MOST times I am proud and grateful. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Bru, im sorry i ruined your reputation and everybody now thinks your a saint. Maybe I can write a disclaimer here and set the record straight that I never implied that you are a saint. I just said I am proud of you and always will be. ;-)

And yes, it is humanly possible to retract forgiveness but since you are a CHARMED ONE you are not allowed to do so.

Also, im glad the last paragraph calmed you down and prevented you from being homicidal and ballistic towards me.

Blessed be.

Anonymous said...

Ka drama ba ninyo duha uy!!! makahilak man pod ta ug usa ka tangke...

Anonymous said...

wow! atty., feeling ko makatiyaho ako ng popcorn after reading this blog.=) i'm just glad i also have my "apple" who made my life a lot more fun.=)

anyway, abtikay kaw gayud neng to the highest level! graveh jud! i'm proud i know somebody like you (na kamayo) who's super witty & articulate & talented & good-natured & well-educated and the list goes on. gusto ko garu maghimo-himo ng blog ko pero pagkabasa ko ng blogs mo wa da lang ako magpatiawat. maghuya da lang ako kay basin manda ako magpakasipog. hehehe.=)

-melba c.