May 29, 2007

Miss Universe 2007, Mexico City


I just finished watching the 56th Annual Miss Universe pageant held in Mexico City. My first since 1994. Hehehehe! Don’t ask. I’m not into beauty pageant. Not my cup of tea. Now with my hands empty, I decided to sit and face the boob tube. Perhaps in unity with half of the population of the Philippines…the other half will watch the reruns later in the day.

My eyes popped out at the list of prizes the winner can get. Never mind the jewelry and other showcases which I think is close to a million dollars, I am particularly interested in the apartment in NY, year-long attendance to movie and Broadway premiers in New York City, 2-year scholarship at New York Film Academy (Lord, have mercy!), and an extensive travel around the world! Whew!

It got me thinking. Should I abandon my backpack and head where the audition is? Well, there is a chance to travel the world over for free. I wonder what is the age requirement? I don’t seriously think it’s already late. Harharhar! Where the hell I have been in the last ten years of my life? Never mind.

Watching the pageant convinced me more deeply to travel and see the world up close and personal. No, to see the world closer and more personal. I just hope there is a way to travel where money is not an issue. Hehehehe! Really. Out of the 22 prizes the Ms. Universe can get, I only want 4. So, please Lord, give the 4 to me. Hehehehe!!! Amen.

And, oh! I always thought before that the Mexican crowd is rude. Today, I am more convinced that they are. I can only guess why the pageant ended in such a hurry. Dammit, if only I can stop loving tacos.

No comments: