May 26, 2007

Our Heels and Their Wheels

Before my sun-burned skin could finish its peeling, my happy feet were in motion again. This time into a thick forest where a majestic view awaits. Again dropping the convenience of a vehicle, we decided to bank on our footwears and trust the power of our heels. Biting the dusts and ignoring the scorching heat of the sun, the road uphill was defined but never easy.





But reaching the top was both fulfillment and bliss.





Yet, nothing and no one prepared us for such majestic views as these:





















Our eyes lusted on Nature’s bounty while our stomach feasted on man’s folly.





When it was time for us to go, we smiled as we looked back at our majestic find and sighed at the road that lies ahead. But nature is always full of wonder. As we begin our first step back home, a delicious offer was waiting at the corner. A free ride back home!





And so our day ended. My body was sore. My heart is still. My sleep deep. I am home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

waaa!!! take me to the falls NEXT TIME

Anonymous said...

sureness!