Oct 10, 2007

On Why I Love Caviar - A Repost

I posted this entry in my multiply account exactly one year ago. Today I reposted it to honor a man I call my "personal myth".


A friend sent me the following text message: "Hey, I'm Having coffee by the bay. I remember how you love Che. He's with me now."

I first met Che through my brother. He never really talked much about Che but I often saw them in deep conversation. I was never interested about who he was that time but I always found myself asking my Kuya about Che and his life. My brother's admiration and reverence on Che was beyond my understanding. I was high school then.

I was in college when I saw him again. This time he talked to me as if he was talking to my brother. He just traveled through one continent with a friend and in a motorcycle! "Wow!", I silently exclaimed. He is now a doctor he said. We talked all through out the movie never minding the big screen in front of us. That night, I had a glimpse of his soul and Che became my personal myth.

It was six months ago when that text message was sent to me by my friend. By now, I have gone to that place by the bay where she was with Che. I sat there for a while and think about Che. I realized how vast was his influence in my life and I didn't even know about it.

I guess it would surprise him to know that in every major decision I made he was the foremost consideration. And I was not even aware of it. I remember one time driving through my lola's farm and to the next barangay on a motorbike! Perhaps he will roll down laughing on my idea on what a continent is! Well, Che, it's the closest I can get from where you have been.

It's October 10 today. The day when Che became a myth forever. It was a privilege knowing him and I will never regret on how I permitted him to influence my life. I am proud of what I am today.

I'd give up forever just to be with Che. And I will always grieve on the fact that I was never given that chance.

I didn't really answered the question on why I love caviar, did I? It is simple, really.

Che loved caviar. I love Che. Therefore, I love caviar. Logic 101.

Yesterday, October 09, 2007, the same friend sent me a message while I was attending the premier of Australian Film Festival. She reminded me to pray for Che and for his soul.

I did. I already did.

No comments: